TechEd is officially over and Telerik was there covering the entire event. Now that we are all back home, it is time to catch up all of the sessions that we missed online. I’ve went through the entire list of developer sessions and hand picked my favorite sessions to share with you. But before I do that, I’d like to share with you some news for developers:
- Universal Windows Apps allows developers to target a variety of form factors.
- Cortana APIs on Windows Phone 8.1 were briefly talked about.
- ASP.NET vNext takes a look at the new ASP.NET server-side components.
- Open APIs were introduced for Visual Studio Online.
The following sessions listed below are in no particular order.
1) Cool and Elegant ASP.NET Web Forms with HTML 5 for the Modern Web by our own Jeff Fritz
Scott Hanselman and Scott Hunter discuss what ASP.NET looks like in 2014 and beyond. Scott has recapped the announcements on his blog.
3) Performance Optimize Your ASP.NET Web App by Mads Kristensen
Mads Kristensen focuses this talk around optimizing ASP.NET applications. If you are building and deploying ASP.NET apps, then this talk is definitely for you.
4) Building Rich Apps with AngularJS on ASP.NET by John Papa
John Papa shares tips and tricks using AngularJS and BreezeJS with ASP.NET.
5) The New Windows Phone Application Model by Andy Wigley
Confused about the new programming models introduced in Windows Phone 8.1? Andy Wigley has you covered in this session.
6) Windows Runtime for Windows Phone Developers by Jerry Nixon
This session helps developers that have built Windows Phone Silverlight apps understand the new Windows Runtime.
7) Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 Networking Survival Kit by Andy Wigley
This session dives into the various ways to connect your apps to a backend and also includes advanced scenarios such as user authentication.
8) Getting Started with Visual Studio Online by Dmitry Lyalin
A primer to new users of Visual Studio Online. Dmitry walks you through VSO with a ton of demos.
The title says it all! This session is about tips and tricks to save time developing apps with Visual Studio.
Software Design Patterns
10) Deep Dive into Dependency Injection and Writing Decoupled Quality Code and Testable Software by Miguel Castro
Miguel explains Dependency Injection and why you should use it to create well-crafted software.
As you can tell, there were a lot of great sessions at TechEd 2014 for developers and I hope you enjoyed my short list. Besides watching the videos provided, search through the entire TechEd 2014 list for other great videos. Also, stay connected with Telerik for more content on everything happening with software development.TweetFollow mbcrump
Last revised: 22 May, 2014 10:09 PM
No new comments are allowed on this post.